Accommodation & Rates
- The cabin is laid out for 1 or 2 adults. It is fully self-contained and has:
- en-suite bathroom,
- queen-size bed ( if you prefer to sleep separately, an extra single bed can be provided -please let us know at the time of booking ! ),
- well-equipped kitchen with refrigerator, microwave oven, toaster oven (for pizza and bakes), 2 burner hot-plate, espresso machine, a range of condiments, teas and coffees, fresh organic milk and a 2 burner gas stove on the veranda,
– click here to see full list of condiments: Condiments list.pdf
- ceiling fan and portable fan, hair dryer,
- flued gas heater, electric blanket and extra blankets for the cooler winter months,
- flyscreens on all windows and door,
- all linen and towels,
- bird field guides and other nature reference books as well as a small number of science books and escapism novels,
- free WI-Fi (surfing & email only, other activities, e.g.: Zoom, etc. by arrangement).
- CD stereo system with USB port,
- Arrival time: from 2 p.m. Check-out time: 10 a.m., earlier arrival/later check-out by arrangement.
$135/1 night/2 guests – $105/1 night/single guest
$120/night for 2 nights/ 2 guests – $95/night for 2 nights single guest
$110/night for 3 to 6 nights/ 2 guests – $90/night for 3 to 6 nights/single
$690/week/2 guests – $590/week/single
We strive to offer value for money. As a consequence we are not listed at the big accommodation web sites, and you will only find a few reviews on Google and Tripadvisor (also of our former Kuranda Birdwatchers’ Cabin). In 10 years we have only had happy guests in Kuranda and here!
Eco-friendly: As a matter of course we are trying to have a small environmental footprint. There are many features on our property and in the cabin towards that end. We think they are self-evident, and do not need to be listed here.
Terms & Conditions
-Accommodation rates are in Australian Dollars (AU$) including G.S.T.
-Credit Card details or an EFT deposit are required to secure a booking.
-Accommodation is provided for one (1) or two (2) adults.
-We do not allow pets, smoking, collecting of wildlife and feeding of cassowaries on our property.
-We shall charge a one-night’s fee for cancellations between twenty eight (28) and fourteen (14) days prior to the date of arrival, if the cabin can not be relet.
– Within the last fourteen (14) days prior to the date of arrival, we shall charge one hundred per cent (100%) of the booking fee, if the cabin can not be relet.
AND, if you wish to make use of our fully equipped table tennis hall (in our shed), there is a STIGA table on sports flooring, bats and balls are there, too, you are most welcome! Should you be more ambitious, your host Thomas is a keen player and available for a practice or match session on most days.