Accommodation & Rates
- The cabin is laid out for 1 or 2 adults. It is fully self-contained and has:
- en-suite bathroom,
- queen-size bed (an extra single bed can be provided, if you prefer to sleep separately -please let us know at the time of booking ! ),
- well-equipped kitchen with refrigerator, microwave oven, toaster oven (for pizza and bakes), 2 burner hot-plate, espresso machine, a range of condiments, teas and coffees, fresh organic milk and a 2 burner gas stove on the veranda,
– click here to see full list of condiments: Condiments list.pdf
- ceiling fan and portable fan, hair dryer,
- flued gas heater, electric blanket and extra blankets for the cooler winter months,
- flyscreens on all windows and door,
- all linen and towels,
- bird field guides and other nature reference books as well as a small number of science books and escapism novels,
- free WI-Fi.
- CD stereo system with USB port,
- Arrival time: from 2 p.m. Check-out time: 10 a.m., earlier arrival/later check-out by arrangement.
$135/1 night/2 guests – $105/1 night/single guest
$120/night for 2 nights/ 2 guests – $95/night for 2 nights single guest
$110/night for 3 to 6 nights/ 2 guests – $90/night for 3 to 6 nights/single
$690/week/2 guests – $590/week/single
We strive to offer value for money. As a consequence we are not listed at the big accommodation web sites, and you will only find a few reviews on Google and Tripadvisor (also of our former Kuranda Birdwatchers’ Cabin). In 10 years we have only had happy guests in Kuranda and here!
Eco-friendly: As a matter of course we are trying to have a small environmental footprint. There are many features on our property and in the cabin towards that end. We think they are self-evident, and do not need to be listed here.
Terms & Conditions
-Accommodation rates are in Australian Dollars (AU$) including G.S.T.
-Credit Card details or an EFT deposit are required to secure a booking.
-Accommodation is provided for one (1) or two (2) adults.
-We do not allow pets, smoking, collecting of wildlife and feeding of cassowaries on our property.
-We shall charge a one-night’s fee for cancellations between twenty eight (28) and fourteen (14) days prior to the date of arrival, if the cabin can not be relet.
– Within the last fourteen (14) days prior to the date of arrival, we shall charge one hundred per cent (100%) of the booking fee, if the cabin can not be relet.
AND, if you wish to make use of our fully equipped table tennis hall (in our shed), there is a STIGA table on sports flooring, bats and balls are there, too, you are most welcome! Should you be more ambitious, your host Thomas is an accomplished club player and available for a practice or match session on most days.